We currently have a vacancy for an
Accredited Family Mediator (part time)
£19.81 per hour (£13.21 per hour for training), 14-21 hours per week
Cambridge Family Mediation Service (CFMS) is a well-respected registered Charity offering specialist mediation services in Cambridge. For over 30 years, the Service has supported families and couples facing separation or divorce from its centrally-placed offices a short walk from Cambridge Station. The Service has contracts to deliver Legal Aid, Parenting Programmes and SEND Mediation.
CFMS is seeking an accredited mediator. The post holder will work as part of a team providing all issues mediation to legally aided clients and private clients; as well as mediation regarding other matters including Special Educational Needs and Disability issues and inheritance / family issues.
- Fully accredited with the Family Mediation Council to offer All Issues Mediation
- Qualified to carry out child inclusive mediation or up-to-date with child inclusive mediation training
- Experienced at carrying out legal aid assessments
- Good knowledge of the FMC’s standards and code of practice and ability to operate within these parameters and the policies and procedures of the Service
- Ability to maintain confidential records
- Willingness to get involved in new projects and service developments
- Ability to work well within a small team as well as independently
- Qualified as a Professional Practice Consultant would be ideal
It is envisaged that the post holder will be contracted for 14-21 hours per week, although they will be expected to be available to cover more when required. £19.81 per hour (£13.21 per hour for training).
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.