New Year generally sees a peak in the number of couples deciding to separate and / or divorce. Often people try to ‘stick it out’ in their current relationship until the end of the year, maybe to see whether the magic of Christmas might fix the problems they are experiencing, or to keep things together for the sake of the children until the festive season is over, or for a multitude of other reasons.
If you are in this situation, either because you have decided to end your relationship, or you are on the receiving end of your partner’s decision to do so, we can help.
Come along for a mediation information meeting with one of our highly experienced mediators to find out how we can assist you.
Mediation is a process in which you and your ex meet with an impartial third party who will guide you through the decisions that you need to make. The mediator will:
- Not take sides, or make judgements about you and your situation
- Provide you with lots of information to help you decide what arrangements are best for your family situation
- Help you to discuss the arrangements for your children
- Help you to exchange details of your financial information
- Help you to consider the options for how to separate your property and finances
- Encourage each of you to seek independent legal advice about the arrangements that you make, so that you only reach agreements that are in your best interests
FREE workshop – the Separated Parents Information Programme
The mediator will also give you information about the Separated Parents Information Programme, a FREE 4-hour workshop that you can attend (without your ex) to receive lots of helpful tips for:
- supporting your children through the difficulties of separation
- communicating with a difficult ex
- looking at the emotional impact of separation on you and your children
- working out the next steps for moving forward with your life